A look on Gays and Lesbians

Monday, February 22, 2010

First Response to Thoughts of Yesturday

The first blog that I looked at was Thoughts of Yesterday. This persons topic was about Gays and Lesbians which connects to my topic because I had the same one. I wanted to look at what another person focused their ideas on and learn even more about Gays and Lesbians that I did not know before. I first looked at the slide show that was posted on this blog. I first looked at the slide show and the first youtube video really caught my attention. There was a picture of a church that this guy painted and on the painting it said "I hate my parents for raising me into a religion that taught me to hate myself". This was sad to read and it was interesting to look at how Gays and Lesbians were also discriminated against their religion also. When I researched about Gays and Lesbians, I didnt really focus on the religion part of it which was a new topic for me to learn about in Thoughts of Yesturday. Also in a youtube video, there was a paiting of a person sitting and there was a quote on the picture that said, "I once left a 50% tip because the server treated my partner and I like we were human". I found this to be sad because people dont treat people like humans based on their sexuality which is sad. I focused on this idea also of discriminating against Gays so it was nice to see that Thoughts on Yesturday encorporated that idea. Thoughts on Yesturday also talked about the Stonewall riots which I had read about but something different that she did was include a youtube video on the Stonewall riots and I learned even more information about the Stonewall Riots which i found was helpful. Something that i learned more about was the Day of Silence which I found really interesting because I did not write about that at all and i learned a little bit about that too on Thoughts on Yesturday. When I was reading the current event portion of Thoughts on Yesturday, she talked about Lambert’s performance and how it was such a controversal topic. Thoughts on Yesturday talks about how it brought up so much controversy was that it was a representation of homosexuality. When I was reading this it was very interesting and it was something I never talked about in my blog so it was good to see where another person took the topic of "Gays and Lesbians" in a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment