A look on Gays and Lesbians

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Reflections and feedback on Blogs

Research Project – Blogs
Your reflections and feedback

Please take the time to answer these questions thoroughly. The responses are both for you to better understand your writing, and for us since this is the first time we’ve used blogs in the classroom.

1. Describe the ways in which knowing your work would be public, able to be read by members of the class and anyone else on the internet, affected your writing.
It was helpful that my work was public because if someone had a comment on one of my blog postings they were able to give me helpful criticism that made my posting better. This affected my writing in making it better and more specific. It was also easier to go back and edit my postings.
2. Describe the process of learning how to create and maintain a blog worked for you. What are some of the particular challenges or successes you had?
In the beginning it was a little bit difficult to understand how to create a blog but after I started playing around with the blog it was easy to maintain and easy to work. I liked working with a blog because it was a totally knew experience for me. I didn’t really have any challenges with the blog which was good.
3. Describe the process of researching, using the various databases and electronic tools available to you. Were you able to successfully navigate them?
The process of researching, using the various databases and electronic tools available to me was fun and it was easy to get information and look back at information that was on my blog because it was all in one place. I was able to successfully navigate these.
4. Describe your work with the final presentation. Do you feel like you were able to fully express your thoughts and ideas? Were there things you wanted to do but couldn’t because of the software? Are there other ideas you have for what you would have liked to do?
I liked the final presentation because it was like an over view of all the ideas and thoughts I had on my project. I felt like I was able to fully express my ideas and thoughts because everything that I wanted to use did not interfere with the software. I do not have other ideas of what I would have liked to do for the final presentation and I actually really enjoyed the final presentation because we were able to structure it any way that we wanted to.
5. How would you describe the connection between what you learned during these past three weeks and the ways you were asked to read, write, and present about it? In what ways was this more effective or more challenging or otherwise different from or similar to the ways we usually work in this class?
It was a good connection between these two things because it was easy to find information and it was nice that I only needed the internet to fulfill my blog. I liked doing this was with reading something then writing about it then presenting about it better because it was something different. This way is more effective because it was way easier to look at other peoples work and learn more than I think we would have in class. Something that was challenging was that sometimes the internet ran slowly and it was hard to post some things.
6. Do you feel like you received adequate assistance during the process? Were the different steps explained to you? Did you receive help and guidance that helped you to be successful?
Yes, I felt like I received adequate assistance during this process because whenever I had a problem with something, I could just go on the class blog and their were instructions on what to do which was nice and the instructions were always very specific and not confusing at all. Yes, I did receive help and guidance that helped me be successful.
7. What else should we know about this process for you? Is this the kind of thing you want to do more of during class? What ideas do you have for how to use blogs in our class in the future? Do you plan on maintaining your blog?
I liked this process and it was something different and something I have never done before. Also, I feel like it helps us more in the “real world” because it’s something that we might have to do again. It’s something I would like to do again. Some new ideas for using blogs in the future are that we could maybe use this blogging idea for a book we read in class. I might maintain my blog if I have the time to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment